FSMTB welcomes any jurisdictional agency authorized by statute to regulate the practice of massage therapy to join FSMTB as a member. By joining FSMTB, your board/agency will be linked to a national network of professionals who are dedicated to public protection.
As an FSMTB Member Board, you have the opportunity to be involved in providing direction to the Federation, as well as further developing the services and benefits that FSMTB can provide for your board/agency. Prior to joining, we encourage you and your board/agency to examine our mission statement, our bylaws, and our Member Services.
As part of your membership benefits, FSMTB covers expenses for one delegate to attend the FSMTB Annual Meeting in order to ensure a voice and a vote for each member board/agency. FSMTB encourages as many board members and support staff as possible to participate – in addition to covering delegate expenses, FSMTB offers a discounted registration fee for all board and staff members to attend the annual meeting.
If you are staff for, or a member of, your state licensing board/agency and would like more information on membership or to receive email updates, please contact FSMTB via email at email@example.com or call the FSMTB Executive Office at 913.681.0380.
Please note that FSMTB waives the membership dues for the first fiscal year in which you join so that you may enjoy the full benefits of membership at no cost.
The membership year begins July 1 and ends the following June 30. Membership renewal occurs on an annual basis with a deadline of July 1. Should your board/agency need more time to process membership dues prior to renewal, please contact FSMTB for an extended deadline. To renew your membership, please complete and submit the form below. Include your membership fee as specified on the renewal form.
FSMTB Year in Review Highlights:
As you consider membership renewal for the new fiscal year, here are a few highlights from our past membership cycle:
- Release of the FSMTB Human Trafficking Task Force Report;
- Completion of a new Job Task Analysis to ensure the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx) reflects current practice;
- Implementation of the Massage Education Policy, requiring MBLEx applicants to substantiate education from a massage therapy program approved or recognized by the authorized state board or agency in the state in which the program is located;
- Development of the Education Record Center (ERC) for approved schools to submit education records electronically and securely to FSMTB;
- Saved members more than $23,000 by providing access to CLEAR’s “Introduction to Regulatory Governance” online course to more than 100 board and staff members;
- Hosted the second FSMTB Member Board Executive Summit for executive directors and senior administrative staff;
- Began development of online courses requested by member boards/agencies to be made available on the Regulatory Education and Competence Hub (REACH);
- Assisted in numerous investigations to protect the security and integrity of the MBLEx and the licensure process.
FSMTB is moving forward and is excited to share more information about upcoming projects at the 2018 Annual Meeting.
We value your membership and involvement. Together, we can achieve our shared mission of public protection. We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding membership. Please call us at 913.681.0380 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are central to our organization. If you or anyone from your organization would like to volunteer with FSMTB, please click the button below.