The FSMTB welcomes any jurisdictional agency authorized by statute to regulate the practice of massage therapy to join FSMTB as a member. By joining FSMTB, your board/agency will be linked to a national network of professionals who are dedicated to public protection.
As an FSMTB Member Board, you have the opportunity to be involved in providing direction to the Federation, as well as further developing the services and benefits that FSMTB can provide for your board/agency. Prior to joining, we encourage you and your board/agency to examine our mission statement, our bylaws and our Member Services.
As part of your membership benefits, FSMTB covers expenses for one delegate to attend the FSMTB Annual Meeting in order to ensure a voice and a vote for each member board/agency. The FSMTB encourages as many board members and support staff as possible to participate – in addition to covering delegate expenses, FSMTB offers a discounted registration fee for all board and staff members to attend the annual meeting.
If you are staff for, or a member of, your state licensing board/agency and would like more information on membership or to receive email updates, please contact FSMTB via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the FSMTB Executive Office at 913.681.0380.
Please note that FSMTB waives the membership dues for the first fiscal year in which you join so that you may enjoy the full benefits of membership at no cost.
The membership year begins July 1 and ends the following June 30. Membership renewal occurs on an annual basis with a deadline of July 1. Should your board/agency need more time to process membership dues prior to renewal, please contact FSMTB for an extended deadline. For more information, please contact our Government Relations team at GR@fsmtb.org.
FSMTB Year in Review Highlights:
In the past year, through the support and participation of the membership, it has enabled FSMTB to:
- Obtain a grant from the US Department of Defense through the Council of State Governments to establish a national licensure compact for the massage industry
- Launch a new and improved website for the Regulatory Education and Competence Hub (REACH)
- Create REACH resources on cultural competence, human trafficking, regulatory ethics, and state jurisprudence needs
- Assist CE Registry Providers to continue meeting FSMTB CE Standards
- Support member boards with legislative activity
- Continue the monthly Virtual Member Event series
- Continue meetings and communications to support schools and students
- Assist in the investigation of MBLEx candidates and schools to protect the security and integrity of the examination and the licensure process
- Maintain timely communications regarding programs, services and operations for boards/agencies, MBLEx applicants, volunteers and the many others served by FSMTB during uncertain times
We value your membership and involvement. Together, we can achieve our shared mission of public protection. We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding membership. Please call us at 913.681.0380 or email us at email@example.com.
Volunteers are central to our organization. If you or anyone from your organization would like to volunteer with FSMTB, please click the button below.