As FSMTB continues to grow, the services we offer our member boards continue to expand to ensure best practices are utilized in the regulation of the massage therapy profession. As a member of FSMTB, your state board or agency guides the organization's services and programs that FSMTB produces. A few of the membership services we offer for our member boards or agencies include:
- Provision and governance of the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx), which was developed in response to the need for a national licensure examination that reflected standards that met the needs of the regulatory and professional communities
- Government relations services that include the tracking of critical legislative and rulemaking initiatives across the United States, regulatory board training, policy analysis, and on-site support
- Hosting an annual meeting
- Regulatory resources to aid member boards in the utilization of best practices, such as the Massage Therapy Model Practice Act and License Renewal Recommendation.
- Development of the Massage Therapy Licensing Database (MTLD) is on track for Member Boards to populate with data in 2018.
- Development and maintenance of communication and outreach services, including a monthly newsletter and social media resources
- Maintain an affiliation with Federation of Associations of Regulatory Boards (FARB). FARB's mission is to advance excellence in the regulation of the professions in the interest of public protection. They fulfill these goals particularly in the areas of administration, assessment, and law. The FSMTB is a governing member. Access FARB newsletters here.
- Provision of access to the online board training program, Introduction to Regulatory Governance, from the Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation (CLEAR) to all members at no cost.
This program is designed to provide regulatory board members, staff, attorneys and other key stakeholders with the proper foundation for effective regulatory board leadership. This includes the fundamental role of board members, the significance of professional discipline processes and the role of the board in assessing professional competence.
The curriculum features five modules:
- Foundations of Occupational and Professional Regulation
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Board Member
- Administrative Rulemaking
- Professional Discipline
- Assessing Competence
Users can complete the online course at their own pace. Upon completion of all modules, users will receive a certificate of completion from CLEAR.
- Request access here.
For more information on our member services, please contact our executive office at (913) 681-0380.