- Candidates may apply online with an FSMTB Examination Account or by mail.
- The FSMTB requires all MBLEx applicants' massage therapy education program verifies their education via the FSMTB Education Verification Center (EVC).
MBLEx applications are not complete for processing until education verification and application fee are received.
- Please allow five (5) business days for FSMTB to process your completed MBLEx application. A completed application consists of the MBLEx application, fee and your education verification.
- Once your application is approved, FSMTB will send you an Authorization to Test (ATT) containing instructions to schedule your examination online or by phone with Pearson VUE. You must complete the exam within the date range on your ATT. If you do not test before the expiration date on your ATT, it will expire, and you will be required to reapply as a new applicant.
- Once you have scheduled your MBLEx, Pearson VUE will email you an appointment confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation of your appointment from Pearson VUE, there may have been an error in scheduled. Please contact Pearson VUE to resolve.
- Upon taking the MBLEx, the candidate will receive an unofficial exam result at the testing center and FSMTB sends the official result to the designated state board or agency within 24 hours.
- After passing the MBLEx, you will need to apply for a license in the state in which you plan to work. You can find these requirements by state by clicking here.
|Click to enlarge|
- Check your MBLEx application status: To check the status of your MBLEx application, please login to your FSMTB Examination Account. Please keep in mind that it will take up to five business days after you submit your completed application to receive your Authorization to Test (ATT).
- Identification requirements: On the test day, you are required to bring two forms of identification to the test site. Please ensure the name on both of your identifications match the exact name provided on your application. For more information on appropriate forms of identification, please see the MBLEx Candidate Handbook.
The FSMTB complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and will accommodate requests from qualified candidates with a diagnosed disability for accommodations to take the MBLEx if the request is reasonable and properly documented and does not fundamentally alter the examination or jeopardize exam security. Submission of an accommodations request does not guarantee that testing accommodations will be made. The FSMTB will review your request and professional recommendations to determine whether the accommodation is reasonable and appropriate to the testing environment or whether it would fundamentally alter the nature of the examination. To request testing accommodations, follow the prompts when completing the MBLEx application. If you require accommodations in the application process itself, contact FSMTB for assistance. Additionally, you are welcome to send your ADA-specific questions to email@example.com.
Agent Designation Form
If you would like to designate a third party to discuss your confidential MBLEx file and related details with FSMTB, please complete the Agent Designation Form.
Veterans Affairs Reimbursement
Veterans taking the MBLEx can be reimbursed for the cost of the exam.
Visit the Veterans Affairs (VA) website to learn more about how the reimbursement process works and search for approved tests online. You will find the MBLEx by searching for "Massage Therapist." Payment is issued only after you have submitted the required information to the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can find the application here or on the Veterans Affairs Website.
If you have questions about reimbursement for the MBLEx, you can access the Veterans Affairs website or call 888-442-4551. For those who are hearing impaired, call 1-800-829-4833.