The CE Registry provides FSMTB member boards with assurance that all CE providers in the CE Registry system adhere to the established FSMTB CE Standards. To make this assurance, the FSMTB must determine that CE Providers have demonstrated compliance with these standards.
All providers will enter CE Registry as Provisional Provider. The CE Registry Provisional Provider Status will inform FSMTB member boards which Providers have demonstrated compliance and which Providers have yet to complete that demonstration. Prior to completion, the Provider will be identified as “Provisional” by default in the course search.
During the provisional time period, an icon will appear in all Provider information in the course search. The provisional status does not negatively affect the function of the Provider account, course or session in any way; the status icon is for informational purposes only and will be removed upon demonstration of compliance.
The Provisional period lasts from initial registration until the following criteria have been met.
To move from provisional provider status to registered provider status a provider must have at least:
- 10% of students in each course complete the FSMTB course survey
- 50% of survey results indicate that students are generally happy with the course
- 50 favorable student survey results
Once the provider has met the criteria, they may use the term Registered Provider and display the Registered Continuing Education Provider logo. The FSMTB Registered Provider logo may only be displayed by Registered Providers who have demonstrated compliance with the CE Standards and criteria. Only currently registered providers who have demonstrated compliance and are in good standing may display language indicating registration on any materials, including but not limited to websites, brochures, advertisements, certificates, agendas, or syllabi.
Acceptable FSMTB Registered Provider Language can be found in the CE Standards and Registry Guidebook.
Provider Responsibilities For Continued Participation
The following responsibilities must be met by Providers in CE Registry for continued participation in CE Registry.
- Meet all CE standards.
- Adhere to all federal, state, and local laws.
- Complete all required documentation of course and instructor information in CE Registry.
- Respond to all FSMTB communication within seven (7) business days.
- Respond to learner grievances in a timely fashion.
- Acknowledge all documentation as correct.
- Pay fees as described.
- Register a designated Registry Account Owner, who ensures that the CE standards are met.
- Update account contact information in CE Registry in a timely fashion.
- Ensure more than 10% of students complete evaluations for each course taken.
- Upload course completion rosters to the CE Registry within 30 days of completion of the course.
- Take corrective action when learner evaluations determine the need for corrective action or investigation by FSMTB.
- Guarantee that the contents of the course(s) reflect topics accepted by the FSMTB.
- Inform learners that acceptance of CE course hours for license renewal are subject to state criteria that may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- Initial Provider Registration Fee $100
- Annual Provider Renewal Fee (by anniversary of initial registration) $125
- Course Submission Fee (at least every 5 years) $35 per course
- Enhanced Survey Feedback Fee
- By course (per download) $25
- By instructor (per download) $25
- Additional Administrator User Access Fee (3 users are included) $25
Please note that fees are not refundable and not transferable. The FSMTB only accepts VISA or Mastercard as forms of payment.
How does Registration work?
- Register electronically by signing up at fsmtb.org.
- Attest to the accuracy of the information.
- Read, understand, and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Submit courses that meet the FSMTB CE Standards.
- Pay the course submission fee.
- Add one or more sessions.
- Upon student completion of the course, upload the course completion roster, including date, license number(s) and student email information.
How do I sign up as a CE Provider?
Click the button below and follow the directions for registration. Be sure to read the CE Standards and Guidebook before you register.